Marci L. Barrett
Of CounselSchimley | Althouse LLP
600 S. Lake Ave. Suite 305
Pasadena, CA 91106
TEL: (626) 262-4400
FAX: (626) 244-2632
• Employment Law
• General Civil Litigation
• Elder Care Mediator
• University of Southern California, School of Law, J.D., 1989
• California State University Northridge, B.A., 1986
• California, 1989
• U.S. District Court, Central, and U.S. Court of Appeals, Ninth Circuit
A licensed attorney for 30 years, Marci has worked on complex transactional and litigated matters. Representative matters include premises liability and risk management, personal injury, fraud, malicious prosecution, construction defect, and business matters such as wrongful termination, labor and employment disputes, corporate document preparation, and contract negotiations and enforcement.
Marci also has experience preparing documents for estate planning, health and asset direction, and real estate transactional work. She has extensive knowledge regarding insurance-related issues and claims, having passed the California insurance license exam.
In addition to actively representing individual, business, and corporate interests in civil matters, Marci started mediating in 2009, primarily in the areas of elder care and end-of-life planning issues. Now widely known for being a thoughtful listener and creative problem solver, Marci is a specialist in the early resolution of conflicts through mediation, facilitated meetings and interpersonal communication strategies.
Marci earned her Bachelor’s degree from California State University Northridge and her Juris Doctor from the University of Southern California. She is licensed to practice law in California and is also admitted to practice before the United States District Court, Central, and the Ninth Circuit Court of Appeal.
• California State Bar (1991-Present)
• Nebraska State Bar Association (2008-Present)
• Los Angeles County Bar Association (1998-Present)
• Pasadena Bar Association (2005-Present)
• Ventura County Bar Association (1998-2015)
• Los Angeles County Superior Court, Judge Pro Tempore (2000-Present)
• Los Angeles County Superior Court, Voluntary Settlement Officer (2010-Present)